Perform as a circuit; do 4 sets, 12-15 reps each with 5- to 10-pound dumbells
- Lateral raise (dumbells at waist, then lift up to shoulder height, arms straight)
- Biceps curl with shoulder press (curl up your biceps, then press the dumbells to the sides)
- Triceps kickback (bend knees and bend waist forward, arms in a 90 degree angle, perpendicular to the floor. 'kick' arms back so they are parallel to floor, then lower)
- Squat (act like you're about to sit down. that means stick your butts out!)
- Wallt sit (stand with back against wall, legs too. then slide down the wall, like you're lowering into a chair.)
Need an excuse to get moving? At the beginning of every week, write down six physical activites you would like to do that week. If you complete all the activites, reward yourself (and that is with something besides food). Get a mani-pedi, buy a new football, or sit down for a movie marathon Saturday night (popcorn is a healthy choice for movies, just don't overdo the butter or salt!). That way you're motivated to work out.